The scattered, eccentric, ridiculous thoughts of your everyday fashionista.

"Fashions fade, style is eternal."


“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”



“Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.”

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Team Bella's Style! Pt. 1 - The Utility Jacket

So... this morning, while I was enjoying a hot cup-o-joe and Evan's company (my little brother).. we both decided this crisp, fall morning deserved a little Twilight! For those who don't know (I'm sure very few don't).. we are a family obsessed. We practically breathe Twilight. Every midnight premier, (40-something..... umm scratch that, 30-something mom in tow to scream "Sex on a stick!") celeb autograph signing, we even play the board game (PROUD owners of Twilight Scene It.. which we are all rather embarrassingly good at!). Myself, well, I read the books in rotation, and I've seen the movies more times than I can count (to be honest.. 4 times in the past two weeks). Needless to say, to others it's sad how much we love it.. but to us, not only is it a bonding experience, but it's also an irresistible habit we don't plan on braking! So, back to the story, while we were watching Edward's feverish confessional scene followed by some tree action ("you don't know how long I've waited for you".. gets me every time!) Evan turns to me and asks "why don't you blog about Twilight?" I attempted quick response, but realized, WHY THE HELL hadn't I blogged about Twilight?!?! I knew this needed to be fixed immediately.. so here I am.. let's talk about some Twilight fashion! I figured, with the overload of sparkling amazingness that is The Twilight Saga, the posts should be in a series divided by movie, character, and trend.. I know, a lot! So, let's get started at the beginning with Twilight and the main female character, Bella Swan! For those of you (shame on ya!) Twilight virgins, Bella is your normal, clumsy, timid 17 year old who bases her style on convenience (I mean shoot! She's running with vampires for heaven's sake!) So, when leaving her hot hometown of Phoenix, Bella also had to ditch the sleeveless, white eyelet lace blouse :/ HOWEVER upon arriving to Forks she picks up the heavy, heavy, HeAvY outerwear (and a hottie boscotie vampire!) luckily for her, utility jackets are VERY in this season (someone inform Charlie!).Now, if you were a cheat, and I mean A TOTAL CHEAT, you could get Bella's look from BB Dakota (The Bella Jacket in Lake Blue by Jack BB Dakota shown in several of the movies scenes including the meadow and ballet studio .. still available at karmaloop.com) but where is the fun in that? (plus- you don't want to look like a total stalker.. we have to maintain some sense of normal in the public eye :) So, I say mimic Bella's baggy yet beautiful jackets with the Vince Resin coated utility jacket $595 or the Vince Cotton utility jacket $389, both available at Nordstrom. Now, I would pair either of these jackets with a sexy, brown belt (possibly leopard worn around the waist or hips), deep purple printed blouse, high waisted mini, lace tights, and leather booties.. it's not very Bella... but it's very me with elements of Bella! Whatever way you choose to wear it, it will be stylishly Twilight.. Edward won't be able to resist you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment